Search term

History of the Company

1928

The families Biesterfeld and Stolting found together the company.

1945

The production of clutch facings began, the foundation stone for the today’s Schaeffler Friction Products GmbH.

1964

The Esso group took over the so far existing company and decided to spin it off as Breku Reibbelag GmbH.

1969

The Breku Reibbelag GmbH was incorporated into the Raybestos group. Since 1902, friction materials have been produced here.

1970

The plant in Morbach was founded, the foundation stone for the today’s headquarters of Schaeffler Friction Products GmbH. Ferodo Beral was the founder of the plant at that time.

1992

The plant in Morbach was taken over by Raybestos Industrie-Produkte GmbH.

1994

The plant in Radevormwald was closed, which required a relocation of the headquarters. From now on, the plant Morbach was the headquarters of the company.

1997

Raybestos Friction Products (Suzhou) Co., Ltd. was founded and the company gained a foothold in China.

2006

A really great success: The series start of the revolutional production by using the solvent-free yarn coating strengthens the status of the company as innovation leader.

2007

Introduction of the layer technology for clutch facings, the new standard for dual clutch transmissions.

2008

Takeover by the Schaeffler group, the name changed to Schaeffler Friction Products.

2009

The brand of the friction facings changed: What was previously Raybestos, is now developed and produced as a LuK product.

2010

Start of the slim disc, layer technology on the basis of a steel backing plate.

2011

Schaeffler Friction is expanding: The Suzhou plant moves to a new location and gets a significant expansion.

2020

The plant celebrates its 50th anniversary in Morbach!

Share Page

Schaeffler applies cookies to secure an optimal use. With the further use of this website you accept the application of cookies. More Information

Accept